Fire in a multiple family building damaged a basement apartment Sunday morning.
At about 9 a.m., firefighters were called to 25 Cedar Lane in Monsey. The fire was mostly restricted to the lower apartment; however, there was smoke and water damage to other parts of the building.
There were no reports of injuries.
Ramapo Police said the fire was not deemed suspicious and appears to have been caused by a clogged lint vent in the clothes dryer.
The Monsey Fire Department was assisted by the Hillcrest and South Spring Valley fire departments. Chaverim Volunteer Services aided the displaced family.
– See more at: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/265837/monsey-clogged-dryer-vent-starts-apartment-fire.html#sthash.X50h6Ihu.dpuf