Zalmen Pollak Tips for Your Washer Dryer The cloth not toWrinklle
- Possible Reasons and Cures for Wrinkling in the Washer and Dryer Reasons for wrinkling
- – Improper loading of the load ( loading large, heavy items with lightweight, delicate materials).
- – Too many items in washer for your load size.
- – Use of incorrect wash Cycle and drying cycles.
- – Incorrect water level during the washing cycles (not enough water for The amount of clothes).
- – Washing repeatedly in water that is too hot for your cloth.
- – Accumulations of lime scale due to use of Different detergents.
- – Failure to use fabric softener.
- – Leaving clothes in dryer after tumbling stops.
- – Too many items in dryer.
- – Too few items in dryer.
- Steps to correct wrinkling
- – Re-tumble on “Permanent Press” setting with small load.
- – Re-rinse and dry on “Permanent Press” setting.
- – If unsuccessful, re-tumble on high heat for 10 – 15 minutes and hang immediately.
- – Iron carefully.
- – If still wrinkled, you may need professional steaming.
Note: If you follow good laundry procedures and “permanent press” clothes still come out wrinkled, the finish may no longer be good quality. The permanent press “memory” has been worn away.
- Steps to prevent wrinkling
- – Remove clothes immediately when dryer stops tumbling and place on hangers.
- – Dry only one washer load at a time. Do not combine loads.
- – If drying only one article, add two similar articles, even if dry, to ensure proper tumbling.
- – Avoid laundering heavy permanent press items, such as work clothes, with lighter permanent press items, such as shirts or blouses.
- – Do not washer permanent press items with ordinary items such as towels, bed linens, etc.
- – Items must have room to move freely. Permanent press loads should always be smaller than regular loads, and no more than medium loads.
- – Use Permanent Press Washer and Dry Cycles. This cycle provides a cool down rinse to minimize wrinkling.
- – Use Full water fill for medium load, Medium fill for small loads.
- – If a non-phosphate detergent must be used, avoid the use of a high-carbonate detergent (high carbonate would be in the 7% range).
- – Proper use of fabric softener will minimize wrinkling.
- Tangled, Twisted, Knotted Clothes
Tangled, twisted or knotted clothes are usually a result of improper sorting of washer loads. To prevent clothing from knotting and twisting:
- – Avoid mixing heavy items with light items.
- – Avoid putting too many or too few items in the washer.
- – Make sure you set the proper water level for the size load you are doing. The water level should just cover the clothes.
- – Never wrap the clothes around the agitator.
- – Be sure your whasing machine water is not too hot for the fabric.
posted By Zalmen Pollak